Thursday, October 23, 2008

Let us do some maths

I have received a few emails about my last post in regards to my Canadian Mrs. Robinson. This surprised me for two reasons: first, because it would seem that people are actually reading this and second because you all seem to be bad at maths. Now if you recall, she is a middle school maths teacher. Let’s do some subtraction:

I was born in 1986 and Mrs. Robinson was born in 1971. I think that a 5 to 7 year age difference is not a big deal at all and I think that the 8-10 year gap is sort of in a grey zone (no pun intended). Now, Mrs. Robinson is 15 years older than me. If you think about it logically, this means:

She could have changed my diapers
She actually remembers the ‘80s
She could drive a car before I could walk
She had her own breasts when I was breast feeding
She graduated from high school before I started pre-school
She could read before I was born
She wrote her master’s dissertation before I could colour inside the lines
She spoke two languages before I could speak in sentences
She understood the nuances of a parliamentary democracy before I could eat solid foods
She knew that the beaver was the national animal of Canada before I made my first beaver attempt
She was living in an igloo before I was allowed to have ice in my drinks
She knew how to make maple syrup before I could use a toilet
She was saved by Dudley Do-right before I could grow a Snidely Whiplash moustache
She was a lumberjack leaping from tree to tree, as she floated down the mighty rivers of British Columbia before I could spell lumberjack
She can point to Alberta on a map and I still can't do that


Do you see what I’m getting at here?

Later days,

1 comment:

BrittaBrau said...

"She was saved by Dudley Do-right before I could grow a Snidely Whiplash moustache."

Sometimes...sometimes I love you.

About Me

The shrewdest and wickedest social commentator of the early eighteenth century.